LEAN MEAN CHEESEBURGER
Fulfill your burger cravings with this tasty classic beef burger with added oats and seasonings.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 2 tablespoons Quick-Cooking Oats
- 1/2 teaspoon Steak Seasoning Blend
- 4 hamburger buns, split seeded or whole wheat
- 4 slices low-fat cheese Cheddar or American
- Place oats in food-safe plastic bag. Seal bag securely, squeezing out excess air. Roll over bag with rolling pin to crush oats to a fine consistency.
- Combine Ground Beef, oats, and steak seasoning blend in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
- Line bottom of each bun with lettuce and tomato, if desired; top with burger and cheese slice. Close sandwiches.
Nutrition information per serving, using 93% lean ground beef: 450 Calories; 126 Calories from fat; 14g Total Fat (6 g Saturated Fat; 4 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 82 mg Cholesterol; 745 mg Sodium; 41 g Total Carbohydrate; 1.2 g Dietary Fiber; 37 g Protein; 4.4 mg Iron; 9 mg Niacin; 0.4 mg Vitamin B6; 2.4 mcg Vitamin B12; 6.4 mg Zinc; 22.1 mcg Selenium; 83 mg Choline. This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Choline.
EASY ROAST BEEF POTLUCK ROLLS
Get this recipe. Thinly sliced Deli Roast Beef is sandwiched between rolls and baked with cheese til golden and delicious.
- 1 lbs thinly sliced reduced-sodium deli roast beef
- 1 package Hawaiian rolls (12 count)
- 1/4 cup cream-style prepared horseradish
- 6 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Cut rolls in half, horizontally. Place bottom half in prepare baking dish; spread horseradish on cut side. Top with Deli Roast Beef and cheese. Close sandwiches. Using a paring knife, cut into 12 sandwiches.Cook's Tip: You may substitute Dijon mustard for prepared horseradish.
- Combine butter, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, sugar and onion powder in small bowl; mix to combine. Pour butter mixture evenly over prepared sandwiches. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour to overnight.
- Bake sandwiches, uncovered, in 350°F oven 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and rolls are golden brown.
Nutrition information per serving: 453 Calories; 164.7 Calories from fat; 18.3g Total Fat (9 g Saturated Fat; 3.7 g Trans Fat; 1 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 3.7 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 86 mg Cholesterol; 426 mg Sodium; 51 g Total Carbohydrate; 2.8 g Dietary Fiber; 21 g Protein; 3.5 mg Iron; 182 mg Potassium; 3.5 mg Niacin; 0.1 mg Vitamin B6; 0.4 mcg Vitamin B12; 1.2 mg Zinc; 9.8 mcg Selenium; 16.3 mg Choline. This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Iron, and Niacin; and a good source of Dietary Fiber, and Selenium.
BALSAMIC MARINATED FLANK STEAK
Tangy balsamic vinegar makes this marinade. Mix in Dijon mustard, garlic and basil, pour over Flank Steak, then grill and serve with a variety of veggies for a simple, fresh meal.
Servings: 6 Servings
- 1 Beef Flank Steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef Flank Steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Season steak with salt and pepper, as desired. Carve steak crosswise into thin slices.
Nutrition information per serving: 183 Calories; 81 Calories from fat; 9g Total Fat (3 g Saturated Fat; 4 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 42 mg Cholesterol; 66 mg Sodium; 1 g Total Carbohydrate; 0 g Dietary Fiber; 24 g Protein; 1.5 mg Iron; 6.8 mg Niacin; 0.5 mg Vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg Vitamin B12; 4.3 mg Zinc; 27.2 mcg Selenium. This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium.